Microsoft Project Certification is a Certification offered by Microsoft. Once a candidates passes the”Exam 71-178: Microsoft Project 2010, Managing Projects”, he/she receives a Certificate from Micorosoft indicating that the candidate is proficient in using Microsoft Project 2010 software for setting up the project plan and then managing the project plan.
The exam includes topics related to Project Standard and Project Professional desktop features (excluding Project Server features) to manage a project schedule and communicate the project to individuals, team members and the enterprise. To the take the exam, the candidates should have experience in effectively scheduling, communicating, collaborating, and delivering projects using these Microsoft Project software. Candidates should also know key project management concepts and terminology as related to developing a project plan.
By certifying one’s skills, individuals can validate their technical abilities and demonstrate proficiency, while providing marketable skills that speak to employers. The objectives of the certification exam is to reflect the individual’s grasp of using Microsoft Project software to develop project plan and manage a project plan.
The Exam 71-178 have multi-choice online questions that test candidate’s knowledge on the use of the Microsoft Project 2010 software to setup and manage project plan and fundamentals on Project Management concepts.
The exam covers following topics:
- Initializing Project 2010
- Creating a Task-Based Schedule
- Managing Resources and Assignments
- Tracking and Analyzing a Project
- Communicating Project Information
More information about the exam include:
- The exam can be taken at an Authorized Prometric Center.
- The exams includes about 50 multiple choice questions and scenario questions to measure candidate’s ability with using Microsoft Project for Manage project.
- A typical exam takes up to 90-120 minutes.
- The exam costs $150 in the United States and other prices in other countries. Exam price by country is available here.
- Right after you complete the exam, you’ll find out immediately if you’ve passed or failed.
- To schedule an exam, visit Prometric, Microsoft’s testing provider.
As soon as you pass the exam, your name and exam results are automatically transferred to Microsoft. Within four weeks of passing the certification exam, you will receive an email from Microsoft with your certificate information. The official title of the credential is “Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): Microsoft Project 2010, Managing Projects.”
It is a four step process:
- Prepare for the exam 71-178.
- Register and schedule for the test online at a Prometric Authorized Testing Center in your area
- Go to the Testing center on the scheduled date for the test with 2 forms of an official picture id.
- Take the exam
Within four weeks of passing a certification exam, you will receive an official certificate in the mail with Microsoft logo from Microsoft that highlights your accomplishment.
Note: NR Computer Learning Center (NRCLC) is an Authorized Testing Center in Orange county and provides service to anyone interested in Microsoft Certification exam to certify their knowledge in using the popular Microsoft Project 2010 software.
NRCLC provides the following assistance in preparing for the exam:
- Hands-on Classroom Training: Student can select a course from our list of scheduled class. The scheduled classes are held at our training facility located in Orange, CA. These classes are good for students who like to learn in a small group environment with maximum of 12 student per training sessions. For more information on our scheduled classes, please visit our website at http://www.nrclc.com . We also have a testing center, where student have the option for registering for the exam right after the training.
- Corporate Training: Companies have the option to send their employees to our training facility in Orange or have our instructor provide instruction at their facility. To request for Corporate Training, fill up the online form at http://www.nrclc.com/CorporateTraining/Corporate_Training.html. or call us at (714) 505-3475.
- Online Courses: Students have the option to signup for online courses to take the class from a location of their choice. To view list of our online courses, click here.
- Live Instructor Led Online Training: We have the technology to provide live Instructor led online training. If you cannot attend our scheduled classes, you have the option to attend it remotely. For information on attending the training remotely, please contact our office at (714) 505-3475.
- One-on-One Training: Our instructors also provide one-on-one customized training to meet the needs of the client. For more information on private lesson, please call us at (714) 505-3475.
- Study Material: For information on study guide, practice test, voucher, send us an email at email@example.com or call us at (714) 505-3475.
There are several ways to register for a class
- You can call our office at (714) 505-3475
- You can fax your registration form to our office at (714)505-3476 and mail a check (made payable to: NR Computer Learning Center)
- You can e-mail your registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can mail your registration form with a check (made payable to: payable to: NR Computer Learning Center) at:NR Computer Learning CenterLocation: 1835 W Orange Ave, STE 200, Orange, CA 92868 (Close to the intersection of 5 and 57 Freeway.)Phone: (714)505-3475
Timing: Mon – Sat, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- You can book an appointment and complete your registration in person
For additional assistance, feel free to contact us. NR Computer Learning Center is located at 1835 W Orange Ave, STE 200, Orange, CA 92868. Call us at (714) 505-3475 or send us an email at email@example.com.